Sundareez petit musings !!!!

Monday, August 01, 2005

ACCI – DENTAL POST

__________________________


Well as Abhi has said – “have u ever felt like jumping off a 7 storey building? I feel like that seeing tommy at the top of your blog again. Can I expect another post before my grandson gets married?” - I thought I better post a new blog ASAP – with fear that I might lose the one and only one – good - younger brother - who doesn’t hit me - or sulk at my possessions - or grab my dolls - or eat off my chocolates - or rob my peace and sleep….

But what do I write about? Hmmmm….Lemme just post my most happening accident in recent times. Here it goes...................

Me to Radha akka (US cousin1) – on 16 May’05

Dearest Radha akka!

Howdy do? How's everyone? And how are things with you?

I'm done with my exams, back to office - catching up with backlog................

I had a real rocker 10 days back...my last C.A (Law) exam was postponed by 6 days, in the last minute.........so when I thought I could attend office .....the second day I met with an accident. Effect was Abrasion on the left leg - no broken bones...but a broken tooth ......I never realised that I actually broke a tooth until I felt air passing through when I was speaking to Soumy,my sister :-P......... rushed all my colleagues and Soumy to the hospital where I innocently asked Anu(my colleague) “ Annu! Will this tooth grow back?” . The Doc grinned at my weeping over the dressing. Well man it was real painful when they cleaned the 5” x 1 ½” wound with all that foul – pungent smelling stuff …oops liquid…. Then my Boss while dropping me home wanted to seriously find my broken tooth at the accident spot as he wanted a tower to be made in remembrance of it – with the tooth piece displayed in a glass case. When we all got home my colleagues had a nice shocker from my mom ..... as she was terrified to find both her daughters back home within an hour and more so because of the bandage she found on my leg – from knee to foot. She was more worried because she thought I had broken my leg and Guys will never marry a limping Imp :-P They all left me alone with my mom – to face my dad! - even after pleading so badly – of course I couldn’t go on my knees because of the abrasion. I was more terrified the way my pops would react to it – I kept guessing his reaction – something like “You Stupid Girl! How many times have I told you to drive in 20’s. Then this wouldn’t have happened. You would have escaped with minor cuts. Aah! Your vehicle is sealed! From tomorrow you are commuting – on bus- or by foot – or an auto – you can even fly if you grow wings. But no driving on land all by yourself” After pleading he might come to “Ok, Using your vehicle would be permitted if you can engage a driver else push your vehicle all the way “…..and that thought itself was horrifying…. I lay on bed thinking of the slips I can give... I suggested to my mom” Maa…I will quickly change into a pyjama to hide the bandage….No?...Of course I can’t hide it for 3 weeks…..Haan, A Good Idea, we can tell him I have fell off the stairs. Please….oh! We have to account for the broken tooth… Yeah! we can say that I broke it when I hit the wall while I was tumbling down the stairs… all the way from 2nd floor”…and my mom just then realized that she wasn’t going to hide things anymore from her pathidev !.. The bell rang and before I could quickly hide in my room – he came in and saw the bandage and gave me a shocker. He went into his bedroom very quietly and enquired with mom what happened….. and reaction was just a " Hummmuummm…..Ok…Give her the medicines Doc has prescribed"... me and my mom fainted…sprinkled water on each other… and pinched each other to believe …. In the evening he asked me to change quickly so that we can go to my Doctor Aunt for a quick review and also to the dentist. My aunt was horrified to see me in that bandage and furiously asked my father to just dispose off that 2 wheeler (which was just 5 months old). Then we went to the dentist. Dunno why he found us to be his students and not his patients. He quickly dragged down his chart and started explaining the Tooth!!!! I felt like - he wanted to make it clear to us that he did attend his first class in dentistry ….and suggested I go for a root canal treatment and splinting right away and the tooth will be crowned (sounded like crowning at a beauty contest) in 3 weeks. Then he drugged – drilled – ploughed – plunged for 1 ½ hours….. and finally said “ You can do whatever you want to, now?!Then my mom dropped me at my aunt’s place for the night as I couldn't bend/fold my leg to climb 2 stairs to my home- after having climbed to the dentist's place(I floor) twice....And radha akka, believe me - I look a sight me with my broken tooth......... good.... ,because I keep blackmailing my mom that I will not get the crowning done and that would result in nobody marrying me ........ playing her own sweet trick of emotional black mail on her..... Or I tell her I am all ready to get a new snap of mine in a saree for pellichoopulu with a big grin on my face.....so whoever it will be sent to will never ever look back and just run for their life.........and my mom was like "noorumuyy....pichi mokham, verri veshaalu veyyaku "..... I stayed over for the night and went home next day morning. I had a good weeping time whenever I went to my Doctor aunt to get the dressing done for the abrasion as my skin used to get peeled off along with the bandage strip .............. my aunt bujjaginchufying me....and my cousin, Ravi making fun of me...........and what not....all that attention...people calling me up and enquiring .......... good actually, people at least call you up that way...... and know what, another of my cousin, bujji annayya calls and asks me not to plough the roads with my teeth....... and stop cleaning/sweeping the roads with my bum........ and stop doing acrobatics/feats/skating on roads... as roads are meant to just drive or walk and not for any of those above mentioned acts ..... At office I get all the attention in the world..... chair dragged down to rest my foot........ giving me certain exemptions ....

Well well well ....enough of my accidental kahani....

So....but I bet you wouldn't have had such rocking time ....right ? Just kidding

We are just enjoying the aavakai and mango season....amma made garlic aavakai for me - especially....... but I still remember our aavakai days at madras, cleaning the mango pieces in the balcony downstairs, aavakai rice made at the end of mixing up - to clean up the basins and all............

So what else?

I had a terrific weekend. My cousins came down for the weekend, they spent the night with us...we played caroms - uno - chatted - and made sucha noise that the landlord almost had a heart attack .........

Phew..... I better stop now...... I have to get back to work.....

Bye

Love you tones

Sundareee.

Me to Radha akka (US cousin) – on 17 May’05


Hey Radha akka!

Don’t worry! I'm just fine. The abrasion has healed partially and I need to go to the dentist in another couple of days for crowning.

Have to attend a marriage tomorrow, I don't know if I really want to with this broken tooth............. I feel like going because all my uncles and cousins would be there and we kids can have rocking time with no fear of our respective parent's chides well......but I need to wear a saree ...only then my mom would allow me to come......actually I have been enjoying the saree thing after we shifted here..... But the thing is when I wore it last time to a marriage ...people were like ..............."Oh my God! Is that you?!!!! You look so lovely girl! You sure have grown up (Gosh! You never noticed all along .From now on stop wearing all those idiotic stuff and shift to sare ..(F.. off! Don’t give me that stuff ..."........ and the moment they say that...my mom is like " meeku thelisina sambandhamemanna vunte cheppandi.." and I am like ..." What?!......are you trying to sell me? hoon............ jaao...I’ll never ever attend another marriage wearing a saree..... I mean it's insulting man! I’m no thing to be displayed for sale"......... ....................................

Bye,

Yours ever loving niece,

Sundaree.


Me to Radha akka (
US cousin) – on 19 May’05

Well well well.......Guess what? I did attend the marriage; after all I couldn't afford to miss out on all that fun...just because of a broken tooth....... I did wear a silk saree...and later I sweated like a pig ..... No power in our office all y'noon..... and amidst there were clients at our place....... so I left home early.... and it took me a whole 1 1/2 hrs to get ready !!!!! Good that soumy wasn't back by then...or else she would have kicked my ass for locking myself in the bedroom for such a long time........actually we don't have a long mirror over here...so what I do is, I switch off our monitor screen...or sometimes I even use the TV screen or the refrigerator..... and sometimes ...all together.... and I had to go stuffed in my aunt's car as the auto fella will not let me in - in addition to my mom, pops and soumy. And then, at the venue I just freaked with my cousins......people were like, "Oh! You are Narasimha rao's eldest daughter?...CA? "(People here were more sensible) ... and I was like ..... WOW! ....CA...has got such a high esteem in the society, but the real turmoil people go through to earn that .....well well well.... ...


And then when we headed for the dinner.......I did take rumali roti but refused to have poori.... much to my mom's dismay!!... She was like,” Girl take it, how can you survive on a single roti!!???..".and I was like...".NO, I don't want to have it for a reason"... and that reason I blurted it out after we returned, "Pssst..Mom, didn't you observe that fella was sweating like a pig and wiping his forehead with both his hands and serving pooris and jalebi.....Yack ".........you wouldn't believe radha akka, they were all pinned upto neck..suit boot pehenke serving kar rahe they - in that sultriest atmosphere.....oh my god!.....


and then on our way back, we went for a drive on the necklace road....and Ravi was showing my other cousins the prominent places in the city.... "This is Buddha statue....Secretariat....IMax theatre....this way takes you to the station...this is the hospital where granny was hospitalized for chemo therapy......... if you take the left here , it takes you to X's mom's place.....AND ON TO YOUR RIGHT IS THE SPOT WHERE SOUNDARYA BROKE HER TOOTH " oh my god!....they were all like..:-).. :))..:-0...I was like " Shucks....... ........ Kick your ASS fella!!! Is that a prominent tourist spot or what?... “And he was like “ Ofcourse ! It’s more a Family tourist spot now. Someday – someone will find your broken tooth and build a charminar for it”….. “ You you you….Stop it! No sense to talk all such nonsense in front of kids”. “Oh! Sorry! I forgot I was with Kids (including me)”…….

Soo.......that's all about y'dayz pelli sandadi................

Love you,

Sundaree....

My cousin was shocked to hear about the server’s antics

Me to Radha akka (US cousin) – on 21 May’05

Well......he (Server) was actually doing that radha akka....No, Who said we have changed?!!!!!! We can never ever change, even after 10 decades!!!! That's why my pops just hates to stay in this country...but I love to....because all my uncles....cousins........everyone is here......where in the world can you have such fun at marriages or get-togethers...or whatever........ Man! I’ll never ever leave my cousins........... I just love those kids......now I can really understand and imagine .... How yourself and bujji annayya used to enjoy our company.....
How could you even think of soumy wearing a saree?!/...... it's good that she at least wore a salwar.......... I'll surely try to send one of mine, in a saree.... of course I’ll have to wear it someday - just for you....and use the digi cam. And this time I’ll get some pics of my mom & dad also.........

and also my cousins........loooong list haaan.....

And about writing I’ve been seriously thinking about it for quite a long time.... but I thought I would do it for my personal pleasure.. I haven't thought about a paper.... But I did ask you to give me chances in your magazine... remember?.... So now I’ll pray hard that it gets kick started very soon....

Bye,

Love you tonnes,

Sundareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


2 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Abhi said...

Wowww.This post was as long as the rajdhani express , as funny as Jim carrey and as sweet as high quality sugar.And thank you for mentioning me didi , Im not planning to jump off anytime soon now.And trust me , one teeth missing or the entire set of 32 missing , you will remain one of the sweetest people around.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Abhi said...

"one teeth missing or the entire set of 32 missing , you will remain one of the sweetest people around."

oops , that should be one TOOTH missing.god help me , my english is dying !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home